June 11, 2008

Head in the Ivy had to say something


He had to say it. Best record in Ball, Best Era and a great season. Then I got this call. "We have been injury free for the most part"............It's like talking to a pitcher who has a No No going. Nobody knocked on wood.....and I don't mean Kerry.
I am superstitious. I do the same thing before each game, after each bat and NEVER speak of Ill toward one of our own. I realize was just making an observation, but when those words were spoke.....I almost reached through the phone like in the cartoons).
Well, we have outfielders who can absolutely play better defensively, however the bat will be missed. And as Rocky once said "It's not how hard you get hit, it's how hard you get hit and still keep moving forward".....or something like that.
Pujols is out......darn.
One complaint registered by MLB is that games will now take longer as the automatic 0-2 count to Soriano will be gone for at least 6 weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cubs always do good without Soriano...whoops did I say that. Since I am laying on the jinx I would also like to add that Griffey looks better than he has looked in years. Prince Fielder is untouchable. Roy O is an oak. Berkman is a fine physical specimen. Tinkers has great hair.