June 20, 2009

Is It Inter-league Already?


Is it just me or is this season just flying by? The Cubs are doing there usual dance with .500 coming into the All-Star break. As usual, I am happy with that especially when they are less than 4 games from the top of the division. I guess that's why we call it Six Degrees of Mediocrity. I don't think any team in the Central should be all that proud of their performance. I think that Milwaukee and the Reds are really playing better than expected. I am really surprised with the Reds' young pitching and think they are going to have a rebound year that will offer some hope late into the season.

Cubs are 4-3 in inter-league play right now and look to be making some progress. I can't believe how many extra inning games they have had this year already (I would look them up but I am just too lazy to throw out numbers right now). Looks like Kerry Wood was nice enough to lend a helping hand in the last two games. Looks like he is becoming the closer I thought he was going to be last year with the Indians, makes me think of the post I lodged against him last year when he earned the job for the Cubs. Either way, winning in extra innings give the confidence to grind it out as the summer becomes even hotter.

Derrick Lee is rolling a hot streak and seeing the ball well as of late. I have been waiting all season long for this, along with an extended visit to the DL from Soriano and the Cubs rallying off tons of wins in his absence. I think he is up to 17 games with the 2 he had today. I am curious to see what moves they are going to make to shore up the team as some teams start to fade. I suspect the Cubs will do the most shuffling in the division.

No comments: