February 26, 2008

Trouble for you!

For the other teams of the NL Central, you can just stop playing now. Roger Clemens was throwing BP in Kissimmee today for spring training. You know what that means? All of our pitchers will be adding 20 pounds of muscle in the next week and will bounce back from injury in record times. Tommy John surgery??? Using the Clemens recovery method the pitcher will be back at full strength in two weeks. Pulled hammy??? 15 minutes of rest.

On a more serious note I have a bit of bad news. As I’ve said a few times, I’m in Chicago on a project. Looks like my end date is….March 28th. That’s four fricking days before opening day! Maybe I can get them to extend to the next Thursday then I spend Friday at Wrigley watching the Astros continuing their undefeated start to the season. Speaking of Chicago, if you’re ever up here during the week, I recommend the bar at Tavern on the Park on Randolph, right next to Millennium Park. Tell them Joel sent ya and you’ll probably get double charged. Just kidding. Good people, great service.

Don’t worry Carpet Hugger…your bet will be accepted, I just haven’t had time to respond. BTW – am I the only one who blogs? Come on guys…the National Figure Skating Championship is over…time to think about baseball.

Actually on to golf. Will Tiger win every tournament he enters? Discuss…

2 comments:

Tinker-to-Evers-to-Chance said...

I respond.....I just don't post. I'm not as talented.

Your leaving Chicago. WTF. How will come during the season (Astros games)and annoy you. Sure....you'll be in town, but it is fun in Chicago as we are only a cab ride away.

Well I'm glad your coming back. Now I can make fun of you in person as well as on the internet (s).

And Like Obama says....I gotta have Hope, because hope is hopefully full of good things and thats what I want is to Hope for good things. What? I hope the Cubs win the World Series (I think they are a very good team)but if I have Hope in one hand and Sh^t in the other.....what will fill faster?

1. Cubs
2. Brewers
3. Cards (?)
4. Astros (?)
5. Reds (although they might surprise you)
6. Bucs

I picked Cards because of the coach. Cooper is no LaRussa.

Remember Pudding Wrestling and wear white loose undies when doing it!

Audi 5k

Tinker-to-Evers-to-Chance said...

Also I think we need to modify our bets. I think possibly I got the short end of the stick.