May 18, 2009

Holy Cow!

I hadn't checked here in quite a while, and what do I find? A CARDS fan talking smack?! Holy cow! Holy smoke! Holy crap! Pick your favorite "holy" reference... ;-)

Seriously, the Cards play waaaay above their heads for a few weeks and all of a sudden, they're the team to beat?? If this were a three week season, perhaps, but it ain't. It's long, and injuries taked their toll with the best of them. Heck, Bradley, Lee, and Ramirez either have or are missing significant amounts of time, Soto couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat in the middle of the Atlantic, and Cubs pitchers were near the bottom in runs allowed, and yet the Cubbies are only a game and a half out as of this writing. That's either saying something about the talent of the Cubs or the weakness in the division. Given the title of the blog, one may think the latter, but I believe the former. I guess only time will tell, huh?

On a sadder and unrelated note, many of you already know, but for those that don't, "Let's Go Astros", aka Joel, died last Wednesday evening. For those of us that knew him IRL, I can tell you that you wouln't find a better friend, coworker, and all-around great guy than Joel. He will be truly missed. I know God has him now and he's watching the 'Stros from his recliner in Heaven having a cold one. Godspeed, my friend.

No comments: