July 3, 2008

Going into the Break

Good morning folks,
It's been awhile mostly due to my own superstitions but it looks like it doesn't matter at this point. We are coming to the All-Star break and all seems to be well. I will admit that I don't know what to do at this point, I am normally just happy to be .500. All the constant winning left me in uncharted emotional territory. I was almost suffering from Braves/Astros Syndrome (where the team always does so good that you ALMOST lose interest). Nice to see that reality is back and I can feel more like myself. It's nice to not be chasing the Cards at this point, and much like last year, I am usually looking to see what the Brewers are doing instead. It used to be that my daily mood would be determined by the Cubs winning or losing. This was a special treat especially with all the day games and the having to go to work thing. I haven't been suffering with this as much this year and that let's me focus on other things to get upset about. Yea, for me. I remember when the All-Star break would fall around the 4th of July to match my little league and APBA All-Star Games, guess it doesn't jive anymore. Maybe the NL can win for the a change to give the ahem...Cubs a boost in the postseason?

No comments: