March 5, 2008

Must Be the Cubs Camp

Let's see... Young up the middle, new outfield and outfielders, Lee and Ramirez on the corners... Must be the Cubs Spring Training Camp! And while we haven't had any of our guys decide to open glass doors with their heads (thank you Hunter Pence for the reference! ;) ) we have had an irregular heartbeat, broken finger on a routine fly ball IN PRACTICE, the yearly Amaris Ramirez injury, a sore butt and a twisted testicle. Yup. It's the Cubs.

That being said, I am really pleased with the team, and in the "SDoM" division, anything can happen. It's not like a few years ago when a team got into the playoffs at 82-80, but 'ya never know. The brewers look to be fairly good if they get starting pitching, and the same can be said for Cincinnati. The Cards just suck. Being a Cubs fan, I have to say that, but it's even better when it's true. The Pirates will also suck, but if I have my way, they'll finish 10 games ahead of the Cards.

I'm writing this from Seattle; about two miles from the ballpark. Could I get assigned to a NATIONAL LEAGUE park??? Apparently not. Oh, well. Maybe it will be good to see a minor league ballgame while I'm here. ;) Yes, I know the AL has been superior the last few years, but I still will always be an NL fan. It helps that the AL has more teams that can buy championships and force the other teams in the league to spend bigger to keep up.

Oh... And is anyone else a little miffed that there is a distinct possibility that sometime in the near future Wrigley Field could be "Pabst Blue Ribbon Ballpark"???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enron is available for naming rights and with Jeff Skilling's brother Tom doing weather in Chicago it makes perfect sense!

Hon Don Gerard said...

Ahhhh, Juicy Fruit.

Tinker-to-Evers-to-Chance said...

Minute Maid was so good....how can we possibly get better than that? I hope they leave the name but business is what business does. They make money even when they lose 100 games.....and that is why I'm impressed that they actually care to win. How about Ditka's Wrigley Field?

Seattle is 18-1 to win the World series at various locations in Vegas. And for my Bud in Chi-Town who is coming home, I got a small story. I placed a $5 bet on the Cubs to win it all (probably jinked them)and it will pay $22.50 if it happens (+350). I also placed a $5 bet on the Astros for a friend here........pays $255 (50/1). On a side note the over under on games for the beloved Cubs was 88 1/2. Didn't list the Astros. Mets were still the favorite. Damn the Mets.