September 28, 2008

As much as I wanted to have the shoe on the other foot....contragulations...CUBS!

I might have miss-spoke, or actually spoke out of emotion....I was angry based on the situation, which I thought was justified...however...

I greatly respect the Cubs fans I know on this blog like, Head in the Ivy, Hatfiry, I guess that's all...OK..Tinkers to Evers to Chance...I might respect your fandum...the rest of you I don't know. So anyway...I want to root against the Cubs based on the entire Milwaukee situation ( did you also know the Cubs were the only NL Central team to not play the Red Sox or Yankees this year? Hmm...could MLB really want the Cubs to win like the Red Sox before them?)

However..I know how my friends have labored for years. I know how they've gone through end of season collapse to the point where they always expect it. Even a couple of weeks ago some of my Cubs friends didn't belive they would win...they expected a collapse., I know how Head in the Ivy has been realisic about the Cubs...same with Hatfiri...now Tinkers to Evers to Chance...um.. Todd...I think you owe me lots of labor if you took my bet at the beginning of the year. Hey BTW, it's the guy from Surviror that sings the " Real American Genius" adds. Todd should owe me something similiar.

I guess my last thought for the year is actually Go Cubbs...but I'm scared of the media blitz like what the Red Sox have experienced...know they are now the most hated team in MLB.

I will only root for the Cubs because I like you guys.

1 comment:

Tinker-to-Evers-to-Chance said...

I understand you. You are my bud and I wish I had bet......or should I say you had bet....but I will still buy you a beer on our next pudding wrestling excursion.

It's a new season.......I would rather see the Brew Crew get in.....but that means the Cubs can help by losing or win and have a playoff game. We need 11 games in the win column..........one game at a time. Starts Wednesday and I am going to a tavern.

Don't worry, I will behave. Lol