September 5, 2008

Losing Streak @ 6 and I Couldn't Be Happier!

I know... Being a Cubs fan and saying this seems like sacrilege. However, stick with me, North-siders. Last year, the Cubs had a similar stretch, but they waited a month later to do it and started in Arizona. My thinking is that they're finally going through the rough patch they've been avoiding all year. Once they're through this, hopefully they'll get back to playing well.

Either way, they're going to have to earn their way into the playoffs since every single game after this Cincy series is with teams over .500 and a majority of the games are on the road. This includes the final six of the year at Milwaukee and New York. Should be a fun month.

I wanted to apologize for not posting in quite a while. I don't have any good excuses, but some crappy ones are the usual... Work, family, and being off the continent for the last month... Ya' know... Same 'ole, same ole.

The good thing is that when I left, the Cubs had a five game lead, when I returned they had a five game lead, and even tonight as I write this it's four. I can live with that.

Until next time, my friends....

2 comments:

Cub Fan, Bud Man said...

Unlike Hatfira, I must admit - a six game losing streak has shaken my faith a bit. Any life-long Cubs fan has watched plenty of opportunities squandered. Aside from the game Saturday, where Soriano hit 3 HR, the Cubs are clearly struggling in September. With Piniella pulling Fukudome from the lineup and Zambrano out until at least the Houston series, the question remains, "How will the Cubs fare against the Cards?"

By the numbers, the Cubs are an even .500 this season playing in St. Louis. But there are still six more games between these two teams before the regular season is out. With the Cards just 9.5 GB - these are ALL important games. As a loyal Cubs fan, I will be on the road this week. I'm going to catch two games in St. Louis and maybe a couple in Houston (assuming hurricane Ike isn't landing in Galveston next weekend).

Hon Don Gerard said...

Thank you for sucking it down the stretch, Cards & Brewers!