September 24, 2008

Helllllloooooo Newman

I know it's been a while and I as still powerless in more ways that one. I just want to get this out there before it's too late. I can't keep up with everything Cubs related on a daily basis and between Fantasy Football and baseball playoffs along with Ike cleanup my head is spinning.

That being said, the Bandwagon is full people. I don't have any more room for the casual fan to hope that the Cubs break that awful curse of the Bambino and win so you can get a new t-shirt that says "100 years of suffering over". Unless you have lived the doomed existence of being a Cubs fan, you need to STFU. I know that baseball is Americas pastime but I don't want to see all the media play of the frenzy and pretend to understand what is going on and the impending doom if there is a letdown again. With that being said a have a short list of fans that I want to see covering the playoffs, I know I am missing some so pile them on in the comments.

1. Jim Belushi
2. John Cusak
3. That fat comic that is on every Cubs special imaginable
4. Bryant Gumble
5. Ron Santo
6. Me

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about Vince Vaughn and... ME! :-)

Cub Fan, Bud Man said...

Let's not forget ...

Bill Murray
Ronnie Woo Woo
Fred Barney (my dad)
John Barney (me)

Anonymous said...

Nice additions, I would also like to add Mark Grace to the unwashed masses.

Hon Don Gerard said...

Billy Corrigan, my son, Will, the ghost of Steve Goodman...

Anonymous said...

Must have Bill Murray at number one.

Unknown said...

When you say that fat comic, you mean Jeff Garlin from the Larry David show?