April 10, 2008

The Cubs: 99 Years of Misery

Great article today featured on ESPN page 2. The Cubs: 99 Years of Misery. This article painstakingly shows what went wrong in each of the last 99 years for the Cubs. This is really brutal for the Cubs loyal to read, but I am sure that the Astros and Cardinal fans should enjoy this. Just refresh my memory Astros fans, when was the last time you guys won the world series? Thought so. I would also like to pose a question. If you go to the World Series and don't win a single game, does it really count as being in the World Series? At this point I am just trying to make myself feel better. This article almost makes me want to be a Pirates fan, almost. What do you get when you cross a 3 fingered pitcher, a black cat, Steve Garvey Bartman, a goat and a routine ground ball to short? I guess you get the picture.
The Cubs: 99 Years of Misery

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does count when I wear my NL Championship hat and shirt. Or look at my hard copy of the paper saying, "Houston We Have a Pennant". Or sit in our home park and see the 2005 NL Championship Banner in the outfield. Maybe one day you'll experience the same...when you come to our park. LOL

Hon Don Gerard said...

…and furthermore, Wrigley does not even have it’s own choo-choo train! OH, SNAP!

Anonymous said...

LGA, next time we are in the juice box be sure to point out that World Series banner that I was referencing.