April 10, 2008

What's in an Assumed Name?


Since we are officially on our way into the season and some of us need to find a little serenity. Looks like "The Smoking Gun" found a hotel document that lists many of the 2005 Yankees players hotel alias'. I must admit there are some pretty good ones here and some that remind me why they are baseball players and not comedians. Although I get a big laugh every year when they dump money everywhere and end up choking in the playoffs, although due to recent developments I don't have much room to talk) but it's not over yet. Back on track, as I can feel my emotions beginning to derail my thoughts, here are some of the names that they used to avoid crazy fans (seems that they like the groupies so I won't say they are avoiding them).
Johnny Drama (Jeter); Simon Phoenix (Mike Mussina); Bruce Almighty (Don Mattingly); Ricky Ricardo (Jorge Posada); Joe Saturday (Hideki Matsui); Sam Adams (Randy Johnson); Richard Long (Bernie Williams); Turd Ferguson (Jaret Wright); and Austin Powers (Ruben Sierra). We're not sure why outfielder Matt Lawton used the "Eleven Fifty" alias, but Luis Sojo apparently went by "Harry Pelotas" because the fake surname translates to "balls" in Spanish.
Well it's safe to assume that this will probably be my only post dedicated to the Yankees unless Jeter puts out a cologne with Avon or something. Doh, where have I been.
Read it Here from The Smoking Gun

No comments: