April 11, 2008

Who Knew Ziggy and Dusty Have So Much In Common

It's another year, and another gig for Dusty Baker. I guess being the next Joe Morgan has it's limitations when you don't have the intangibles that Joe has. I thought surely his first order of business would have been to try to get Neifi Perez back on his squad but I guess he will just have to settle for Corey Patterson. I liked Dusty but I have to wonder the thought process behind going to the Reds. But with a quote like this, I have to even wonder some more.
I read an article by [basketball's] Larry Brown and he said he wanted to come back and coach again because he didn't want to end his coaching career on such a bad note and in last place ... I understood exactly where he was coming from.
Do you really think that Cincy is going to be that golden ticket that brings you back from the cellar? If you do I am sure that you have the Bucs on speed-dial and are praying for a healthy George Foster Griffey Jr. when it matters the most (June in Cincy's case). If anything Dusty's always graced me with some great quotes, and for that I will always be thankful. Now where did I put my toothpicks and wrist bands?

Bakers First Year Magic Will Be Tested

No comments: